"Because Noah obeyed god, He saved his family and made him a promise: the rainbow is the sign of this promise. Every time you see a rainbow let it remind you that God always keeps His promises.Bible Reading: Genesis 8:18-22, 9:8-16
What I most appreciated from today's reading is that God always keeps His promises. How many times have people failed us with their empty promises or how many times have we failed others or even God with our broken promises? We are humans. We are imperfect. The only perfect one is called Jesus. He will never fail. He remains faithful. I like the fact that God did not only make a promise to Noah, but he also gave him a sign: a rainbow of promise. It's as if God was saying you may forget the promise I make you, but I will never forget; therefore, I give you a sign to remind you of my covenant with you. Today, we can rejoice in the fact that whatever our situation God has thousands of promises in his Word for his children. He has promised to never forsake us. He has promised to give us strength. He has promised to be with us all of the days of our lives. We can rest in his promises. We must trust the Lord. He has never broken any promises and he won't start now. We must hold on to His promises.

No comments:
Post a Comment