Monday, January 19, 2015

This Is Now

The first time I ever heard this song was last month at a Casting Crowns concert. It brought tears to my eyes and had a great impact on me. Recently, God has brought this song back to my memory. Only He knows why? Anyways, this song is the story of Peter. The reason why I love this song is because I can relate so much to it. I think we all can. Like you may know, Peter was one of the disciples of Jesus. He was a follower of Christ. Anywhere Jesus went Peter went. He witnessed many of His miracles. Peter loved the Lord very much, but he had many flaws. I just love the story of Peter because we are able to see how flawed he was and how God had to work on him. He was very much human with human-like traits. Just like us he had many weaknesses. He wasn't perfect. God had to mold him and take him through many trials. Throughout his life we are able to see a transformation in him. We first know him as a simple fisherman. Then, he becomes Peter, the doubter. After that, we see him deny Jesus. One thing though, despite all his flaws, he loved Jesus very much. So much that he was willing to lay down his life for Jesus and ultimately died because of Christ. Like Peter, there has been many times where I've felt like I have failed Jesus, where I've felt so unworthy of His love. But then I'm reminded that whenever I feel like I have failed, I can try again and again. His mercies are new every morning. I'm reminded that through my own strength and will I can not make it and that I don't have to overcome anything alone. It is through Him that we are overcomers. It is through Him that we can do ALL things. I'm reminded that His blood is more than sufficient. He paid the price. I'm reminded that I'm worthy of His love...So let's not dwell on the past but live in the present. Like the Apostle Paul said, forgetting what lies behind and straining towards what is ahead, we must press on towards our goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment